Saturday, September 28, 2013

Meet Our Scotty

I am tickled to death to show you our new camper!!!  We've been spying small campers here and there on the internet for some time now.  We had to bury our last one, which was a slide-in truck bed camper on a trailer, because it had pretty much rotted... poor thing.  That was more than four years ago.  Since then, we've stayed in friend's campers and even camped in Black Rose a time or two.  But a couple of weeks ago, I finally spied one that turned out to be right down our alley.  It was an early morning at the DC and I was eating my breakfast and searching on craigslist when I found our Scotty.  We couldn't go look at it until after work and at the price it was listed at I knew there would be no way it would still be for sale.  So my sister suggested we ask her husband if he would be in the area of the camper and he luckily said he would go check it out for us.  Lucky for us that he did because a few hours later Scotty was parked outside the day care!

It is a 1987 Scotty, 16 foot trailer/13 foot camper that sleeps four, with a bathroom, kitchen sink and cook top with refrigerator and heater.  The man selling it said he didn't think it had been camped in over twelve times and had been stored inside it's entire life.  We got an awesome deal y'all.  I can't wait to share with you our weekend adventures in our new '87 Scotty camper!

These pictures were taken right when we got it.  I hadn't cleaned it up yet but didn't really have to do much.  It is in excellent shape.