Wednesday, September 4, 2013

theeyy'rre baaacck

after seeing a few tiny black foreign beings flying around my house, i realized that I needed to look up my homemade recipe for gnat juice.  i honestly don't know why they come in this time of year.  maybe it's the (very few) tomatoes brought in from the garden and left to ripen in the window sill or maybe they just fly in when the doors open and close in the evenings.  regardless... they get in somehow and must be dealt with in a serious manner. 
 
i mixed up a batch of my infamous gnat juice and y'all, i kid you not, i had one swirling around the air right over the mixing bowl as i was pouring it into the decorative small jars and candle holders i chose to display my potion in.  this recipe makes enough for me to have  one in the kitchen, dining room, pantry and bathroom.  for some reason they like the moisture and humidity in there.  or maybe they just like to annoy me in there.  either way, they must go.  the recipe is simple and it goes a little something like this....
 
Gnat Juice
1 cup water
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon dish washing liquid
 
stir together and pour into little bowls for display.
the gnats will be laying at the bottom of the juice before you know it.
 
 
 
 
 
i feel better now.
xo, laurie