Sunday, November 24, 2013

2013 Gingerbread House Plans

Each year my family gets together to decorate gingerbread houses.  My Mom and Dad are the construction crew and the grandchildren, myself, a couple of sisters and aunts are the decorators.
A couple of years ago, we decided that this would be our Thanksgiving afternoon craft.  You know, when the boys are all passed out from the huge meal and there's only football on TV. 
 
We all bring candy supplies and have a grand ole time.  Some of us... me mainly.... feel better if they have a plan in mind before the decorating begins.  This year I came up with two themes for myself .  I decided to go with Chocolate Explosion!  I am so excited!  I have Coco Puffs, mini Snickers, mini Reeses, a chocolate Santa.  Here are my inspiration pages and pictures. 
 

 
 
I love all the inspiration that can be found in books and online.  Crazy ideas!  Mine seems to always end up sloppy but it's all so much fun.  I will print out  my inspiration page to carry along with me so I don't get sidetracked.  Here's my inspiration and house plans from last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks