Tuesday, March 25, 2014

a healthy start

My breakfast of choice since all the changes to my diet includes a bowl of cheerios (for whole grain), 1/2 banana, raisins, dried strawberries, ground flax seed and almond milk.  Well, last week I ran out of cheerios.  My gut reaction, or the devil on my left shoulder, said "just eat whatever you fix for Shaun", which would have included a bread, sausage and eggs.  Two of which I have cut out... sadly.  I thought for a moment about what I could substitute for my cereal.  My doctor suggested once that I eat cheerios or oatmeal with three fruits for breakfast.  I am not an oatmeal fan although the thought crossed my mind that it wouldn't kill me just this one day.  Then I had another thought... I have been buying whole grain, white Bunny bread since my changes and so that would be the base of my breakfast and I would get my whole grain.  My creation actually turned out fantastic and left me wanting another piece!  Probably because of my new favorite thing... almond butter!









No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks