So Saturday I got my dollhouse down and started the clean up. I want a total overhaul from top to bottom. And apparently the previous attic renters left a mess when they moved out. Why do mice have to poo everywhere? It's rude. I was glad to find that I had only taped the carpet down so it came up easily. The wallpaper was a different story. I started out my wetting it and while it worked it didn't come off like I wanted it to. So Sunday I remember that I already had Downy fabric softener mixed up with water in a spray bottle so I got it out and went to spraying. This worked a lot better! I had to scrape and vacuum up the bits but it got things to a more comfortable and workable level.
I have also been working with clay making things for the inside and for the Barbie house. I'll show you that stuff a different day.
Oopsie! Part of the roof let go. It's actually a good thing because it allows me to access that part of the attic easier. My hands are a lot bigger than they used to be!
All stripped down to a good canvas to work with. I am going to plank the upstairs ceiling with small craft sticks. Shaun suggested that I use corrugated cardboard to cover the roof to look like a tin roof. Those wooden shingles aren't budging so I will build up and rest of the roof line to match with cardboard. I plan to make everything that I can and get out of this renovation as cheaply as possible while still making it look the way I want it to.
I did order a set of lights to finally light up this little dwelling. I always wanted to do that when I used to play in it. Another thing that excites me about making the furniture and things is that it won't get "played with". When I put it there it will stay there. Unlike the Barbie house which is meant to be played with. This is meant to be looked at and I will know how gentle to be.