Monday, September 14, 2009

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Howdy doo all! Well it's Monday and after a tough weekend full of sadness at the loss of one of my beloved best friends, Sipsey Maye Alabama Brown, my 11 1/2 year old dog, I've sort of been at a loss for words today. Not wanting to cry I think I'll just post something sweet. So please enjoy this recipe.

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup powdered cocoa

1/3 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups oats

In a medium saucepan, bring the first four ingredients to a rapid boil and boil for three minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter, vanilla and oats. Stir until combined. Drop by teaspoons onto wax paper and allow to cool.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about Sipsey... :( I know she brought you much happiness and company~thinking of you.

    I made these yesterday for Grandparents day! Mine is a little different- more peanut butter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Man! She sure did.. I miss her so much. Good to see you here! :)

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks