Thursday, February 23, 2012

Smoked Sausage Casserole

Well here it is.  Just another sausage and potato recipe. Ah... don't be so quick to turn away.  This one is derived from Julia Child herself.  That's right, I have rented The French Chef I for the eighth or ninth time.  I am really not counting.  But I do so enjoy it and Santa, if you are listening, it would be safe to put Volume I and II under the tree next year.

This recipe actually turned out better than I thought it would.  The original recipe uses store bought polish sausage.  I used smoked sausage from our pigs.  It was a little greasier but oh so good.

Smoked Sausage Casserole

Butter your baking dish generously. 
Saute' one chopped onion in two tablespoons of butter until soft.
I used a quart jar of potatoes canned from our garden, sliced.  You can use two cans or store bought or boil a few potatoes on the stove top.
Slice sausage.  
Layer potatoes, onion, and sausage.  Repeat once.
In a bowl, beat two eggs with two cups of milk.  Pour over layers.
Top with a handful of cheese and a few pats of butter.
Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.


 The layers don't have to be perfect.  Just throw it in there.


 Oh My! 
 Almost like a quiche.  Just slice a good piece out for yourself!
 Thank you Julia.  I am not afraid of potatoes anymore. 
Not that I ever was.  She's fantastic.  Rent these DVDs soon please.
Let me know what you think about Tripe when you get done.

 
WaaLaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks