Tuesday, February 28, 2012

French Toast for Two

Good morning!  I cook breakfast everyday for my Hun and me.  No matter what I cook it doesn't take longer than about fifteen minutes.  It is just part of our routine everyday to sit down for a few minutes to eat breakfast together before heading out for a long day.  We both enjoy it and wouldn't have it any other way.  Plus it keeps both of us out of the gas station morning money trap or fast food lines.  I would much rather spend fifteen minutes in the kitchen cooking breakfast and hanging with Shaun than sitting in a drive through line.  Think about it.

This morning I made sausage, one fried egg for Shaun and four pieces of french toast. The sausage and egg you can figure for yourself.  I cooked the sausage first while I slapped the french toast dip together.  Then fried the egg in the sausage grease (gross.. I don't care for fried eggs but the Mr. loves them) then drain the grease and follow these directions: 

In a shallow bowl, combine with a fork, one egg, 1/4 cup milk, a splash of vanilla and a few shakes of cinnamon.  Melt a tablespoon of butter in your already hot skillet.  Dip the first two pieces of bread into the egg mixture and coat both sides.  Then transfer them into your skillet.  Don't leave the bread in the mixture to soak or you won't have enough dip for four pieces of bread.  Allow the bread to cook on each side for two minutes on medium heat.  Transfer to breakfast plates (paper plates = less clean up) and repeat with remaining two pieces of bread.  Drizzle maple syrup over and enjoy. 

I began breakfast this morning at 6:21.  We sat down to eat at 6:37.  Make time to feed yourself.  It doesn't have to be this breakfast.  Maybe I will share more of our breakfasts that I make with you just to show you how easy and fast it can be to include breakfast into your bust morning.  At least you know what wen in it and didn't wait in line inhaling exhaust for it. 

Have a great day!








Here is someone else that likes breakfast. 
You might have to press pause on my music at the bottom in order to enjoy this video. 
Please don't forget to unpause for your listening pleasure once this clip is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks