Friday, January 10, 2020

2020 Garden

OMG!!! I have officially put my order in for the seeds I wanted for our garden this year!  My only question is... What are we going to eat???!!!

I have ordered the more beautiful flower seeds from Floret Flower Farm!  This is my third time to order from this lovely company.  If you grow your own flowers you should seriously look into their selection.  I unfortunately was too late to buy some of the seeds on my wishlist but that's ok.  What is meant to be will be and I am so tickled at what I did buy.  If you are lucky to be one of the people that had my flowers adorn their summertime tables last year then you will know the fortunate beauty of bringing garden flowers indoors and should really be excited about my selection this year!  Here are pictures (taken from the website of Floret Flower Farm) of what is coming this summer to a garden near you!  And please click HERE to see my wishlist where you can find all of these flowers of my choice and more!

Here we have Bachelor's Buttons, Cosmos, Snapdragons, Black Eyed Susan, Sunflowers, Zinnias, Foxglove, Dahlia, AND ornamental squash!



ALSO, I was teasing about what to eat :)  I still have tons of seeds leftover from last year for fresh veggies.  I did, however, have these on my list of seeds to buy from Rareseeds.com or Baker Creek Heirloom.  Find their website HERE.


I'm excited to grow Stevia this year as I haven't had any in the garden in several years.  In fact, I'm still using it from the last time I grew it in 2014 LOL!  

I decided to include Marigold in with my tomato growing this year to keep bugs away which I haven't done in a long time.  I had some strange bugs last year that didn't seem to mind any kind of poison I put on them,  

I am really looking forward to having dried Parsley after this season!  It's also been several years since I've grown parsley.

I love these white zinnias and can't wait to have them as a bit of contrast in cut flowers this summer.

And the Brandywine Tomatoes.  I had really good success last year with Bonny Best from this site and decided to try these for this summer.  I am planning on only growing two varieties this year.  last year I had five varieties in the garden and seriously only wound up canning the Bonny Best.  I'm not going to grow any cherry tomatoes or smaller varieties as I really just wound up having too many to eat.  Seemed a waste of garden space and only gave the bugs something to eat.  I'm trying to use my space wisely I guess?   

I will still have squash, zucchini, green beans and peppers to eat.  And of course the flowers!  I'm drooling just thinking about how beautiful this summer is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks