Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Miniature Tea Kettle Tutorial

Good morning!  While I don't so much like being awake during the night with my mind racing, I don't mind so much when I have an idea on a mini!  I recently tiny wooden bowls at Hobby Lobby in the woodworking section.  They are super easily painted for any bowl needing situation.  I have to admit that I am not the best clay bowl maker... at all.  So these were a joy for me to stumble across.  My "middle of the night" idea was to turn one of the little bowls over and make a tea kettle for my new stove.  :)  I was pleasantly surprised yesterday that my idea worked great!  Here's how I made them.


Back to the vintage buttons that I love so much!  I got REALLY lucky when I found the old raised rhinestone button for the copper kettle!  I also found a green domed button that I used pliers to break the back off of.  For the vine kettle I used a regular button and a flat topped button glued on upside down.




I also used cardstock.  A long piece for the handle and a piece to roll up for the spout along with the wooden bowls and Elmers wood glue.


I rolled the spout piece of cardstock around a toothpick and placed a little glue inside the roll to hold the shape.  Allow to dry and snip the excess. When the glue has dried, snip the spout at an angle on one end so it will fit snug on the kettle.



Roll one end of the long skinny piece into a curly Q and pull the rest of it over a paint brush handle or pencil to round.


Glue the buttons on the bottom of the bowls and snipped spouts.


Glue one end of the handle at a time and allow to dry somewhat before you glue the other end.


So cute already!  Once the glue is secure, paint as you wish with a teeny brush.  You always have the option of painting your pieces before hand.  I wasn't sure it I would paint the whole thing or not so I waited til the end.


The copper one is my favorite... I think :)






11 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Thanks a lot for Show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ingenious. They are all adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had so many miniature bowls. Usually I can look at an object and see another use for it. But, with the small bowls. I only saw the intended use. What a wonderful ideal you turned a bowls into. Teapots! Who would have thought?
    The teapots are beautiful!😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!!! I had some small bowls tucked away 'somewhere' LOL .. I must try and locate them. .... I attended a mini workshop sometime back where we made candle holders. We used coffee pods sliced into very narrow strips. Some things come in handy when least expected!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for an awesome tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BeautifulπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks