Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Miniature Hydrangeas

 Hi!!!  Have you ever heard of using beet seeds for making miniature hydrangeas??  I actually saw this method a couple of years ago and although I had beet seeds on hand I didn't want to use them quite yet.  I am a garden girl and tried to grow beets once in my garden two years ago... didn't work for me that year.  But I kept the seeds just for the day when I wanted to try making miniature flowers from them!  And today was that day!!!  YAY!!  Because it totally worked and they're gorgeous!  And about the closest replica that I will possibly get because I AM NOT a good mini flower maker at all.  Maybe one day I'll take a class or something but for now I will stick with floral substitutes.  If you're with me.. please see how I made them below :)  and I love you... I really, really do.


This picture is mainly to show some dried garden items that I collected.  The stems that I used are actually from my orchid.  You can use any tiny stem you'd like.  


You can buy beet seeds pretty cheap on Etsy but can also find them other places as well.
Aren't they crazy looking???


I mainly use Elmer's Wood Glue for just about everything.  Just glue one seed on the top and let it dry a few minutes.  Then add more underneath the first one.  Each one of my flowers has about six seeds.



You can leave them their natural color and they look like beautifully dried hydrangeas.




Or you can paint them!  I used a combination or light blues, purple and white for my purple looking ones, and pink combination of paints for the pink and so on.


Aren't they just gorgeous??!!




I didn't worry about adding leaves because you don't see them anyway.  
But don't forget to paint the stems!



Hope you enjoyed this Hydrangea tutorial!!!  
Please feel free to share... especially on Pinterest!
And if you enjoyed this lovely tutorial please check out some of my others HERE
XOXO Laurie


1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog and am your new follower. I love the idea of using the beet seeds. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks