Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Miniature Laundry Cart Tutorial

Hello mini friends!  I don't quite recall what inspired me to create this little laundry cart.  I'm sure I saw a picture while scanning IG.  





I don't know about you, but for me working with wire is not easy.  The glue that I use doesn't want to adhere to wire and I don't know how to solder. Maybe I'm just not patient enough to wait for the right kind of glue to dry.  Even when I have been patient enough my projects would still fall apart.  So, in this project I use small strips of cardstock across the wire to hold it in place and simply make a tight pinched bend on the wire frame.  For the actual, rectangle frame I used tape.  Then when adding the canvas basket I used wood glue.  






When I made the first cart I didn't have trouble when I made the holes for the "wheels" from tiny eye hooks.  When making the second cart for tutorial pictures, the wood split.  I simply glued pieces of cardstock to repair the splits.  If you use something small, like a toothpick, to mash holes where the legs will be before screwing them in your wood shouldn't split.


I used an old piece of fabric for the basket.  You can also use drop cloth.



You can use whatever kind of stamping for the laundry business design that you have.  I wound up using some old leather punch stamps.  I call it Carriage House Laundry.  I ironed folded creases to go over the cart frame and glued them into place with wood glue.




I cut small strips of fabric for the handles and ironed a fold in the. and just glued them on.







The second cart went together a lot faster than the first one.  Trial and error!  

At first, I was going to add button wheels but decided in the end that they didn't need them.  

Hope you enjoy!!  
Share if you do!  


 

1 comment:

  1. Un tutorial fantástico, siempre pasa lo mismo , el primero cuesta y se aprende de los errores. Gracias por el tutorial. Buen día

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks