Thursday, August 20, 2009

Soda Cracker Fudge

Howdy Doo!! I haven't tried this recipe yet but I thought I would share it anyways. It came from this fall's issue of Tennessee Home & Farm magazine put out by Farm Bureau Insurance. It has a nice article with it on page 24 so if you receive this publishing don't miss it because it's a cute story to back up this fudge recipe. Here tis:

Soda Cracker Fudge... aka Mystery Crunch

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
5 Tbsp peanut butter
1 - 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
24 saltine crackers, broken into pieces

Mix sugar and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes. Place remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour ho mixture over them. Place in a buttered pan. Let cool. Cut and enjoy!

Simple and sweet.. just like I like! Let me know how you like it if you try it. I will report back when I make it also.

Have a nice evening!

** UPDATE **
Well I made Soda Cracker Fudge this past weekend. It has so far received rave reviews by all who have tried it. Especially me :) I just ate a small.. OK not so small piece. It's almost addictive but it was so easy to make. I already had all the ingredients except for the marshmallow cream. It literally took about 7 minutes total to make. This one will be made this Christmas for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for posting our recipe for Soda Cracker Fudge. We're glad it turned out as tasty as it is easy to make! Looks like your blog has a lot of great quick and easy recipes. Yum!

    Jessy Yancey, associate editor
    Tennessee Home & Farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for commenting. Love the recipe. I didn't realize that I could have linked it to your website! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks