Friday, August 14, 2009

To Consign or Not Consign

Last spring, upon moving my household to the country, I thought it best to say goodbye to some of my shoes. I was an avid "shoe collector" for some time. I didn't want to just give them away. They were still in their original boxes and most of them were only worn once or twice and in fantastic shape and most definitely still in style. I sold a few pair on ebay and decided to take the rest to a local consignment shop to see how they would do there. It has turned out to be a pretty decent deal. I sold almost all of them and have relisted the remaining four out of twelve pair that I took. Even though I only got a cut of the profit it was still way more than putting them in my next yard sale!

Most of the time when I think of consignment sales or shops I think of kid's clothes or at least I did in the past. I just wanted to put the bug in your heads to think about with fall and winter just around the corner. My next (and second single girl obsession) thing to gather and take to consign will be coats. I have several that I truly do not need and don't really have the space for.

It's a thrifty and good idea for a little extra space and cash in your pockets!

For you local girls, here's the website to Second Chances Consignment if you are interested.
http://www.secondchances.ws/

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks