Monday, January 14, 2013

Saturday's Walk

This weekend I chose to take my walk through our woods on Saturday instead of Sunday and it's a good thing!  Sunday it wound up raining all day long so I would have had to put on a rain coat and left the camera at home.  I don't think the wild life suspected that I would be out.  I saw six Jakes and six or seven deer along with one squirrel and lots of birds.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from my stroll.

 
I have names for different parts of our property.  This is Fernbank.


 
 
The top part of this wild orchid spent the winter inside my house the year before last.
 
 
Surprisingly this bank was not near as slick as the creek. 
 
I had a surprise friend to join me!
 
This is our waterfall.  With all the rain yesterday I imagine she was really flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks