Friday, January 11, 2019

Movies and Miniatures

Two of my favorite things.  Sometimes done together... sometimes not.  I have favorite movies that I love to watch, at my kitchen work area, that I have seen a hundred times and some that I've only just rented from the library.  Sometimes I am painting a newly made mini and sometimes I create on inspiration.  And sometimes my minis start one way and take on the affect of what I'm watching... leading me to always remember what movie was on while I made a piece.

This piece was an idea I had while at work, partly.  The side table here I made while watching Pirates or the Caribbean.  Which I think gave it a more nautical look when finished.  The first picture shown.. its not quite finished.  The candle does light up and flicker.  I've been thinking about that part for months.  This is just my first one.


This photo is taken in my new roombox.  I made it while watching Alice in Wonderland (Johnny Depp version).
Every piece seen here was handmade by me... except the tiny flowers on the wall... Jesus made those.

This little basket I made last night while watching The BFG (big friendly giant).  I can't believe I've not seen this movie! (Or made a teeny basket like this before)  I woke this morning at 4:37 thinking about coloring some sawdust that I got from my Dad's woodshop for moss.  So I got up, colored it, and glued it on.  Such a difference!!  I love it :)


This picture is also in my roombox.  The roses I found just yesterday at Hobby Lobby.  They had several colors and seeing as how I'm not good at making flowers (yet) I was tickled to find them.  The basket I've had for years and the table I made.


I love and mossy look so much.  I also added it to my fireplace this morning.  I couldn't help myself.




Yes.. I've missed you too... terribly.  Let's not get into the where, how or whys.  :)


Yours Truly,
Laurie

P.S. I am on Instagram... hulseylaurie… you can see my candle in action there.  xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks