Sunday, March 21, 2021

Miniature Hummingbird Feeder Tutorial

 Hi All!!  I love these tiny hummingbird feeders!  And when I finally decide to redo the porch on The Big House the ones I made will be hanging for sure!  These are simply made using buttons, clear tubing from an art brush, flower sequins and wire.  I also used fingernail polish for that winning shine!  




I used the plastic protector from an art brush.  I am certain there is other plastic tubing out there but I racked my brain and searched the house and shop to find exactly what I wanted and this was all I found that suited my idea.  It was the perfect width and sturdiness for this tiny project.  I cut it in half and used it on both feeders I made.


I have had these tiny flower sequins for years and years.  The little yellow ones are perfect for this.  You could also use cut out flowers from paper or tiny artificial flowers painted yellow.


The old fingernail polish came in really handy here!  It covered very well and left a beautiful shine that resembles a real plastic hummingbird feeder.









2 comments:

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks