Thursday, March 18, 2021

Miniature Enamelware Pot

 Oh my love of enamelware ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“!!!

I have now combined my two loves... Miniatures and Enamelware. It was bound to happen eventually right??!!  Part of my love of old enamelware is it's perfect imperfection.  My tiny pot here shows just that.  I could have made a more perfect paint job with more realistic looking rust.  But that's just not what I see.  I simply made some black damage spots with paint and didn't think it needed anything more.  Believe me... I've got plenty of pieces to compare it to around here!  Most of my pieces just have black blemishes and not so much rust.  This little pot is only damaged from wear and tear or life and cooking... Not being left out in the rain for forty years.  I hope you make one today!!  Please share if you do!


I used a little lotion bottle that came with an at-home eye brow wax kit from Sally Hansen.  I save this little bottle from the trash weeks ago and almost tossed it a couple of times.  To make this I simply made a slit with a knife and used my kitchen shears to cut the bottom off the bottle.  I used a good fingernail file to even up my slanted cutting job.


I wound up using a regular metal paper clip and not this green one for the handles.  I just cut two pieces and bent them.  I then adhered them with a tiny bit of hot glue and secured with tacky glue.  I've got glue that may hold better but not the patience to wait for it to dry.  :)



I painted the inside white and outside a pale blue using these two chalk paints from WalMart.  These are two ounce bottles I found in the craft section for $1.74 each.  I usually make my own chalk paint out of craft paint, plaster of paris and water using whatever color I want of craft paint since I need to very little.  But these are real cheap and pretty handy to have!


I gave her a coating of Mod Podge gloss coat after the paint dried.  Enamelware has always got a glossy shine!


I dabbed on some splotches of black craft paint, painted the handles and around the rim of the pot.  


Isn't she just the most magical thing?!?!?!





Thanks for visiting!  Please let me know if you make one!  I'd love to see it!

Also, Peppysis is on Instagram as Peppysis.  






14 comments:

  1. Un tutorial muy bien explicado, gracias por mostrarlo. Buen fin de semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job Britt!! I think i might try one today. I've been saving my caps to everything for my miniature pots and planters,but I think i may have one that'll work for this! Thanks for sharing your adorable 'lil pot and I'll post a pic if i make one ok? Keep being awesome and inspirational!!๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful, very well done! Those black wear marks really make it look like an authentic, well-loved pot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is so inspiring! This is gorgeous - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like me! I stand at the trash can, deliberating should I throw it away, or can I use it for something? Throw it away, and 20 min later, I'm digging it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. me encanta la cacerolilla, voy a intentar hacerla,yo hasta cuando compro algo envasado pienso a ver en que me puede servir el envase,los botes de las gotas de ojos, sin ideales
    .Muchas gracias por compartir

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sublime, merci pour le partage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! How tall did you make the pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is about one inch. Others are smaller or taller depending on the width of the bottle. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing your process. This is terrific!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks