Thursday, May 13, 2021

Miniature Faux Wicker Chair

 Oh y'all... I'm in love with this one!!  I noticed an old wicker rocking chair in a flea market garden magazine that I've had for years last night.  I looked at the chair for several minutes and decided to try and make a replica.  Ideas started swarming in my head and I got to work.  

I made the rocker from a vanilla wafers box, some twine ribbon left over from another project, four pieces of chair legs from a different project, tape, glue, paint and an old scrap piece of lace.  Take a look!




I wound up using four pieces total of chair.  One for the whole frame, on for the back and two for the arms.


I taped the lace in between the frame and back piece.  Then used wood glue and cut pieces of ribbon all over.



I used a multi strand, twisted piece of string all along the edges.


For the rocker pieces I used balsa wood.  I glued two pieces together for strength and thickness.  I used a knife to cut away the excess and a fingernail file and sand paper to carve the pieces to exactly what I wanted.  




It looked really pretty with just a coat of white paint!  
But I love to age pieces and it needed aging to match the one in the magazine.


For the cushion I used a piece of vintage rose fabric that I have very little of.  It is saved for special pieces.  I really didn't feel like sewing the pillow so I just glued the fabric onto a piece of cardboard and stuffed it.  I later ran a straight pin through the middle, glued it and snipped the end off.







Hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed making it!!




4 comments:

  1. So cute, i will try this for my red n white house outdoor furniture. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ingenious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ingenious,. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Qué maravilla! He quedado encantada con tu blog! Felicitaciones!!! 😘

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks