Thursday, June 16, 2022

Lilly's Room in a Fun-kin

 A good day to you all!  Some time ago I ordered a sweet little felted mouse from an artist in Russia.  She is a little girl mouse that I have named Lilly.  When I ordered her, I knew it would take some time before she arrived and had the idea to make her very own room. I had a mint green faux pumpkin that I had bought half price after Halloween the year before.  This was the perfect thing to use for her room.

BTW, Lilly's Room will be a two or three part blog posting.  So stay tuned.


Here I have already cut out the design for the opening.  You simply draw the shape you want and cut it out.  Then you can shape it up with your knife and a fingernail file to smooth the edges.  I also painted the inside pink.


Here is a picture of me levelling the floor.  I have another tutorial on how to add a floor to your faux pumpkin HERE.


I wanted her to have a window so I traced a soup can and cut it out.  In this picture I also have added gold polka dots to the walls. 


Skipping around a touch... for the flooring I cut strips from a cereal box and painted the brown side white.  Then I used mod-podge and the top layer of a floral napkin.  I went over the edges or each cut piece with a brown ink pad to define the edges a bit.  I learned this technique from Jennifer's Miniatures on Facebook.




Then you simply cut the pieces to fit your flooring area and glue down.  I always like to start in the middle of the room.


Flooring complete!


On to the lighting!  I made this little chandelier from wire then painted it white.  There is a bead in the center that the light cord will go through and the flowers in the middle are hot glued on to hide the bead.  The plastic flowers for the lights are super old.  I got them at a garage sale.


The chandelier design is not my design.  Cinderella Moments taught me that one.  You can find her tutorial HERE.  Also I purchase my LED lights from Evan Designs.


In this picture the fun-kin is upside down.  I am gluing the chandelier base to the ceiling.  I planned to run the wiring along the ceiling and down the wall to the left of the opening to I can easily turn the switch on and off and get o the battery.


I used strips of the white part of the left-over napkin from the flooring to secure the wiring.


After the glue dried I simply painted the covered wiring.  You truly don't even notice it unless you're looking for it.


This is where the wiring, switch and battery holder are.  Right inside the pumpkin.


In this last picture you can see the coin cell battery holder on the left.  

It's beginning to look like a sweet room for her!  Oh... I also used a piece of clear plastic packaging for the window and just cut a circle and panes from cardstock.



Have a great day my Dears!  Stay tuned for the next visit to Lilly's Room!






1 comment:

  1. Se ve un proyecto interesante. Lo seguiré con alegria.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks