Thursday, August 4, 2022

Miniature Vintage Oil Heater

 Hi Mini Friends!  While browsing Instagram I noticed an old oil heater in a picture and just loved it.  It only took a few seconds to figure out a miniature replica in my head.  So what to do but get to work!  To make this tiny heater (that doesn't actually heat anything) you will need buttons, card stock, glue (I use my favorite Elmer's Wood Glue) beads or wooden spindle pieces and paint.  Pretty simple!

Here is my tiny heater and the inspiration picture.   


Here is a sample picture of supplies needed.  I wound up not using some of these buttons.  When I got into it I searched for just the right top and middle buttons.  I also cut two strips of card stock, one wider than the other, and curled the paper with my fingers.


When I got the right size, I placed glue throughout the paper so it wouldn't unravel.  Then I glued it on top of the base button.  I first glued a smaller button the base for the paper ring to glue to.





I also glued a small button to the bottom for more security for the legs which I made out of leftover wooden spindle pieces.


I picked a fancier button for the middle that had a little detail around the edge.  Then I took the wider piece of cardstock and repeated the curl and glue.


And I picked out a really fancy button for the top.


I used a sewing pin to carefully poke holes on both sides of the heater for the wire handle to go.  Oh yeah... you'll need a small piece of wire too.  Just whatever you've got that's easy to work with.


I gave her a good base coat of chalk paint before I painted with craft paints.


I also made a slightly larger one.  At first I painted the larger one with grays and metallics but didn't really like it.


This was the inspiration picture for the larger heater.  I found it on Pinterest.  I admit I didn't want to paint the "vent" detail.  I tend to shy away from things that could possibly frustrate me lol.  So, I found some tiny lace and painted it and hoped for the best.  



Turns out I really like them both!!  I cut a tiny piece of cardstock for the little door and glued lace on it also.







I really hope you like my little oil heaters.  They are very easy to make and add a bit of character to my rooms.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Check out my list of miniature tutorials HERE.

XOXO






7 comments:

  1. Es un reciclaje fabuloso y el resultado espectacular.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Me encanta como han quedado las estufas!
    Buen trabajo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Haven't got a setting for it yet but now inspiration is beginning. Thanks for the tut. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best out of waste! Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing, great tutorial and wonderful outcome, thanku so much 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. M parecen d una originalidad increíble y un resultado precioso

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this, you did a terrific job

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks