Thursday, July 28, 2022

Miniature Feed Sacks Tutorial

The only things worth doing are the things we do for others. ~Alice

I absolutely love sharing my miniature creations with you!  Any time I have an idea and begin a miniature project I am thinking about sharing with you.  I know there are really fancy minis out there and artist that are much better at it than me!  But I'm simple and was taught at an extremely early age to use what I've got to create.  I am so happy that you take your time to visit and learn and I truly hope that you have tried and made some of my creations that I share.  Thank you for being here!!!  If you have made anything from my blog please take a picture and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #peppysis.  And if you want to be friends on Insta my handle is hulseyshideout.  Or click HERE


And now... on to my feed sack tutorial!  

This is another project that was so easy that I just wanted to keep going and make more and more of!

If you saw my Miniature Paper Rugs tutorial (found HERE), these are made in much the same fashion.  AND I have done some of the work for you already by creatin a printable for you XO!  I will say right now that I do not own the images on the printable.  I simply found pictures of feed sacks on Pinterest and Yahoo images and put them together.

Here they are!


Begin by copying and pasting the following picture onto your PC and printing it.  Or you can do your own search for whatever kind of feed sacks you need.  All of these are chicken feed sacks.


After you print out the sheet be sure and spray the images with a clear coat.  If you don't the glue will fade out the pictures and make the colors run.  Next, cut out each feed sack leaving about a quarter of an inch border around the image.



Just like making the rugs, wad and flatten your paper several times as shown in the next few pics.




When they are as soft as you like, fold the edges in and made a fold down the middle of the picture (between the front and back of the feed sack).  Leave the top unfolded for now.  Glue the sides and bottom together only on the folds.


And you have a sack that is open at the top.


Next, take your finger and fold in the top that will be glued together after you fill it.


 I use The filler sand below that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  I use it to fill pillows and all sorts of things.  For the feed sacks you can use whatever you've got... sand, dry dirt.. whatever!


Use a small funnel to insert the sand into your feed sack and then glue the top folds together. 


TaaDaa!  A feed sack.


To finish them up you can dry brush a little brown paint on the edges and some over the outside for dimension.

You can also leave one open on the top and make a tiny scoop.  Just use glue with the filler sand so it doesn't spill out. 

For the tiny scoop I used the same method as my vintage paint brushes but added a cut piece of paper straw and painted it.







So if you need a sweet feed sack you can make some today!  

Please share with me if you do.  I'd love to see them!!

XOXO

And here's me and a very sleepy Rue
Awww!











5 comments:

  1. El saco ha quedado muy bien.
    Gracias por compartir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another great tutorial and for the printies.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias por compartir.
    Siempre es más fácil cuando vemos el paso a paso.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work! I'm living alo your stuff!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks