Monday, May 20, 2013

Vintage Enamelware Uses

Ahhhh my beloved enamelware.  It's true... enamel pieces and I have had a long going love affair for years upon years.  To this day I cannot get enough of the stuff.  I usually find pieces at yard sales and antique shops and I have had to say no from time to time if an item is priced too high though believe me when I say I didn't want to.  I have bowls hanging on walls, ones I use in the kitchen all the time and some that I plant in.  Even the coffee pots get some use housing feathers and flowers in different areas of our home.  I have bigger pieces that I use when canning green beans and pickles for rinsing and soaking purposes.  The list of uses for the old enamelware just go on and on.  I decided to pick five fun uses of enamelware pieces that I have used lately to share with you!  I hope you fall in love and find lovely pieces of enamelware for yourself... or for me! 
 
 
A beer bucket from an old chamber pot.  Keeps 'em cold!


Hens & Chickens planted in and old pee pot. 
Quite the conversation piece.



Lemon Balm given to me by a friend will have plenty of room to fill this large bowl with rust holes in the bottom.


I have taken to using cheaper laundry powder and this old cooking pot with lid serves as the perfect holder instead of some ugly box sitting around.


An old colander works great for an evening ice bucket.  As the ice melts the water falls into the beautiful bowl underneath.

Do you have a "thing" for enamelware?  If so I'd love to hear about your uses for the stuff.  And if you need to get rid of some... well you know I'll take it off your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks