Thursday, July 21, 2022

Miniature Vintage Paint Brushes

 Do you like to make miniatures that are replicas of items that you collect in real life?  I sure do!  If I decorate my life size home with something I will make it in miniature form in a heartbeat!  I go to yard sales and estate sales and can't help but look for and buy old paint brushes.  They have so much charm.  I decided to make tome tiny ones and they turned out so cool!

Gather together some old or cheap paint brushes that you don't mind cutting the bristles from.  Cut out hole punches from cardstock.  This picture shows aluminum foil but it didn't work for me.  For the silver "metal" part of the paint brush I wound up using some silver plastic from a pill casing.  You could just cardstock and paint it. 


Take the hole punches and glue six or seven together with just a dab of wood glue between each one.


I used my ice pick and made an indention in the middle of the hole punch stack and glued in the end of a toothpick.  The purple on is the tip of one of the paint brushes I used.


Take your metallic piece and cut a strip about a quarter inch tall.  Glue it to your hole punch stack leaving a sort of well for the bristles to sit in.  I hope that makes sense.


Choose which bristles you want and, holding the bristles tight between two fingers, cut a wad for your brush.  Place glue in the well of your metallic piece and place the bristles inside.


It's ok if the bristles are longer and shaggy.  You're going to trim the to the length and shape you want after the glue dries.



Then paint up however you want!  

The other paint brushes here are made from stacked up cardstock.



So much fun to make!  Don't you love that??  When you make one of something and wind up making several because they are so easy and fun to make!

Hope you like them!  

XOXO


3 comments:

  1. ❤️❤️❤️. I want them in real size!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love them. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing...These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks