Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Finds

Oh wow Y'all.  What a busy Saturday full of yard sale-ing!  My sister Mary Evelyn, my niece Kristen and I all got up extra early and headed to Springfield to the sales in the historic district.  Lots of people in different houses along the streets participate.  I wish, wish, wish I had taken my camera along.  From the architecture to hidden backyard gardens with water features, this area of town is fabu!  And so were most of the sales.  Mary E scored on a few pieces of furniture and other items.  Kristen lugged home the cutest pink vintage trash can, metal with a foot pedal lid among other things.  And I drug home this fantastic stuff!


I adore this plug in clock.  If you listen close it has a hum when it is plugged in.  Just like the one my Grandmother had on the back of her bed.  The alarm works too!  $1.00 for the clock and milk glass vase.  .50 cents for the footed glass dish.

 Pyrex makes me smile and teetee a little when I find a piece. $1.00

Lovely vintage milk glass lamp that works.  I scraped off the after-painting that someone had done. 
$3.00

The rug here is lovely, shabby chic and I wanted it to go in my bathroom.  I will tell on myself a bit here.  I cleaned it... in a cooler... because it is way too heavy to go in the washing machine.  It came somewhat cleaner than it is here and it smells a whole lot better.  It is handmade... hook-a-rug style with a backing sewn on crooked.  I thought when I washed it I could stretch it to make it square up but no such luck.  Don't know if I will be keeping this one unless I find something else to do with it.  The cat sure likes it.  I paid $3.00 for it.
 

I also got two vintage chenille bedspreads, one of them older than the other.  I paid $35.00 for both of them.  It's more than I normally spend at a sale but these things go for way more online.  Not that I am selling them, I plan to use them, and I just couldn't leave them laying there!



This is the other bedspread.  Folded up but you can see on the right how fluffy it is even though it is folded with the underside up.

I also bought this old flannal back table cloth for $1.00... maybe less... don't recall.I use them at the DC to cover the tables and the older ones seem to hold up better.