Tuesday, June 10, 2014

do you know plantain?

Are you familiar with Plantain?  Plantain is pretty common in yards everywhere... especially ours.  I always felt that maybe I could do something with this plant or weed as it is commonly called and thanks to a fantastic library book I found that something!  The leaves can be used in salads and I followed a recipe for a facial mask that is very refreshing and that is said to eliminate toxins in the skin, treat skin conditions, tighten skin and even reverse wrinkles!  That's no weed!  That's a backyard miracle worker!  










Plantain Skin Smoothie
1-2 cups plantain leaves
1/4 of an avocado, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup water

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.  Apply to any are of skin that is experiencing discomfort.  Let it dry, rinse it off.

Mine took around 30 minutes to dry.  I first removed my make up then applied it before my bath and rinsed it after.  


Here is the cool book the recipe came from.








No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks