Monday, June 23, 2014

weekend shots

Sad news... Friday afternoon, while I was putting the beans on for supper and taking a few pictures, my camera flashed the dreaded error message again and quit on me.  This was the third time.  I tried to repair it myself the first two times and it did work but not for long.  So Saturday morning I put my big girl panties on, packaged my camera and sent it off to Nikon to be repaired by someone (hopefully) that knows what they are doing.  I had entertained the thought of just buying a new one but it didn't really make sense to have a broken one and newer model of the same camera.  I'm not one of those techy people that sits around surfing for the next best thing.  I've not even looked at cameras since I bought my Nikon several years ago.  Truth be known I don't know how to use it the way you are really supposed to.  I just point and shoot.  I decided that if I were going to get mine repaired that maybe it was time for a back up camera that wasn't so expensive.  So, without shopping around, I went to Sams Club and told the lady what I was wanting and easily settled on a Canon point and shoot camera.  I truly hope that I like it.  I wanted one with good zoom and this one does take shots further away than my Nikon without having to change the lenses.  But you do have to really be steady or it will blur or turn out grainy.  I am enjoying it so far and hope to learn more as I go along.  Here are a few of my shots from the first couple of days.



I spotted this groundhog up the hill while sitting in front of the shop.  Pretty good piece away.

I don't understand the point of the fish-eye setting.

Front porch from the shop.

Definitely a wider view.  This is the whole other end of the living room.

The Eastern Phoebe that has a nest under the porch.  This was taken from the porch down across the driveway.  Pretty grainy but you can still tell what she is for sure.

A little Sunday morning lovin.

Fuzzy headed Robin in our tree on the playground at the day care.



No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks