Monday, July 12, 2021

Miniature Fabric Covered End Table

 While throwing a jug in the trash this morning something caught my eye.  The lid seemed the perfect size for a mini end table for White Pine Cottage.  So I kept it out and got out a dowel for the legs.  Then dug around for fabric.   A little while later an end table was finished!  Here's how it went...




I cut a wooden dowel into thirds leaving them 2 inches each and hot glued them underneath the lid.


I cut a circle of fabric by tracing a small Pyrex bowl.


I also thought a floral cover on top of the white fabric would look nice.  I used a paper napkin with a smaller circle traced and cut it out.  Then I removed the layers of the napkins until I only had the top printed layer.


I Mod Podged the fabric to the top of the lid.  I thought it would be smoother than hot glue.


The I did use hot glue around the sides of the lid.  I used a little at a time and pinched the fabric to form ruffles all around.  I then used Mod Podge to glue down the floral layer.


In the mean time I used spray starch all around the ruffles and tied a piece of string around while drying to sort of control the ruffles so they wouldn't splay out too much.  I also used a combination of watered down brown paint and dry brushed brown paint here and there to give it an aged look and also depth.





Here are links to other mini-tutorials pictured...





No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks